- Atos, Dassault Systèmes, Orange, Renault Group, STMicroelectronics, and Thales launched the Software République incubator on March 8
- The incubator provides startups with resources from the six members, as well as a tailor-made support program
- The first group of startups includes Wattpark, Geoflex and Vianova, as winners of the inaugural Mobility 4.0 Challenge, as well as Angoka and Parcoor
Paris, March 9, 2022
On March 8, Atos, Dassault Systèmes, Orange, Renault Group, STMicroelectronics and Thales launched the Software République incubator, an open innovation ecosystem for sustainable, secure and intelligent mobility. The launch, which took place at the Village by CA in Paris, gathered representatives of the founding members of the Software République, as well as the incubator’s first group of startups.
This incubator has a dual purpose: accelerate the projects of the selected startups and enhance the open innovation of the six members around three themes: energy, new mobility services and connected vehicles. Incubated for a period of six to 18 months, startups are expected to build a project with at least two members of the Software République. In return, the members of the Software République will provide startups with their resources as well as a tailor-made support program.
Wattpark, Geoflex and Vianova, winners of the first Mobility 4.0 Challenge, are joined by two other startups, Angoka and Parcoor, chosen by the incubator’s selection committee.
The tailor-made program is divided into five areas:
- Access to 15,000 experts: the six members of the Software République provide technical expertise, specialized resources, testing capabilities and data assets, depending on projects and needs ;
- Hosting of choice: members provide startup hosting based on technical sites or target markets in ten locations (across eight countries);
- On-demand mentoring: guidance on market and competitive analysis, finance, business plans, human resources, pitches and presentations, UX / UI (user experience / user interface), based on needs and in partnership with Village by CA ;
- Independent legal counsel: support from a partner law firm on legal and fiscal issues;
- Privileged access to the Software République ecosystem.
The startups and their projects are:
Wattpark is the “Airbnb© of chargers.” It allows owners of charging stations to share and rent them out. It helps drivers locate a charging station, connect to it, and easily pay, thereby making the experience of driving an electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle stress-free.
How to join the Software République incubator:
- Visit softwarerepublique.eu and complete the startup contact form in as much detail as possible, highlighting specific ways of working with the members of the Software République.
The selection committee meets twice a year, in June and December, for entry into an incubator in September of that same year and in January of the following year.
Learn more about the Software République on its new website: softwarerepublique.eu
- Atos: Laura Fau – email@example.com – Tel. +33 673 64 04 18
- Dassault Systèmes: Arnaud Malherbe – firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel. +33 687 56 24 61
- Orange : Richard Rousseau – email@example.com – Tel. +33 686 52 64 84
- Renault Group: Amélie Le Gall – firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel. +33 601 92 12 26
- STMicroelectronics: Ronan Mulvaney – email@example.com – Tel. + 33 764 50 58 37
- Thales: Vanessa Viala – firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel. +33 607 34 00 34
At ST, we are 48,000 creators and makers of semiconductor technologies mastering the semiconductor supply chain with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities. An independent device manufacturer, we work with more than 200,000 customers and thousands of partners to design and build products, solutions, and ecosystems that address their challenges and opportunities, and the need to support a more sustainable world. Our technologies enable smarter mobility, more efficient power and energy management, and the wide-scale deployment of the Internet of Things and 5G technology. ST is committed to becoming carbon neutral by 2027. Further information can be found at www.st.com
Thales (Euronext Paris: HO) is a global leader in advanced technologies, investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations – connectivity, big data, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and quantum technologies – to build a confident future crucial for the development of our societies. The Group provides its customers – businesses, organizations and governments – in the defense, aeronautics, space, transport, and digital identity and security domains with solutions, services and products that help them fulfil their critical role, consideration for the individual being the driving force behind all decisions.
Thales has 81,000 employees in 68 countries. In 2021, the Group generated sales of €16.2 billion. www.thalesgroup.com