Software République, an open innovation ecosystem for intelligent, secure and sustainable mobility, presents its first milestones today during the sixth edition of Viva Technology* – one year after its launch by Atos, Dassault Systèmes, Orange, Renault Group, STMicroelectronics and Thales.
In only a few months, Software République has taken important steps to advance innovations to meet the challenges of mobility. It has enabled the creation and reinforcement of collaborations with stakeholders in the private sector (startups, small and medium-sized businesses, large groups), the public sector (local authorities) and academia (schools, universities).
Milestones include :
- Creation of a “GIE” (Groupement d’Intérêt Economique, or economic interest group) to develop Software République’s activity and supervise project incubation within the collaborative ecosystem.
- Launch of the Software République incubator in March 2022, featuring a tailor-made support program to accelerate joint projects and support startups. Five startups are currently being incubated: : Angoka, Geoflex, Parcoor, Vianova et Wattpark ;
- Four finalized projects are announced today, out of more than 30 currently underway:
- A “detect & respond” cybersecurity solution
Cybersecurity is one of mobility’s major challenges. Orange – via its Orange Cyberdefense subsidiary – Renault Group and Thales, along with the startup Parcoor, announce the co-design of a solution to detect cyberattack attempts, analyze them and provide a rapid response that protects the vehicle. This solution, based on artificial intelligence and machine learning, will be deployed in Renault vehicles starting in 2025. The project is supported by BPIfrance.
- A tool for territories to model vehicle flow
Safety and traffic flow are major challenges for territories. Dassault Systèmes, Orange and Renault Group are developing a tool to model vehicle flow. A pilot project was launched with the Corrèze region in France. This tool provides territories with key data on traffic, infrastructure conditions and safety so that they can optimize maintenance and construction expenses.
- A project for an intelligent and secure two-way charging station
In response to challenges in security, sovereignty, and electric car-charging network integration, Orange, Renault Group, STMicroelectronics and Thales are launching a joint development project focused on the intelligence of charging stations, in collaboration with Mobilize, a Renault Group brand. The project will be presented by the end of 2022.
- The Software République Academy to address needs in cybersecurity skills
To meet increasing needs related to recruitment and cybersecurity skills, the six partners have announced two training programs starting in September 2022. The first will combine a selection of partner cybersecurity training modules for the Software République ecosystem. The second, in partnership with the French cybersecurity school Ecole 2600 and the French engineering school of digital technologies EFREI, will create two apprenticeship programs for higher education levels of three to five years.
By 2025, Software République aims to launch 10 new product and service offerings, incubate more than 50 startups, and propose services to approximately 50 territories
For more information on Software République, visit : softwarerepublique.eu
Software République : firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Software république on :
* Viva Technology, until June 18 at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles
- Atos : Laura Fau – email@example.com – Tel. +33 673 64 04 18
- Dassault Systèmes : Arnaud Malherbe – Arnaud Malherbe – firstname.lastname@example.org – 06 87 56 24 611
- Orange Business Services : Christelle Innavong – email@example.com – 06 31 43 37 87
- Renault Group : Amélie Le Gall – firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel. +33 601 92 12 26
- STMicroelectronics : Nelly Dimey – email@example.com – Tel. +33 675 00 73 39
- Thales : Vanessa Viala – firstname.lastname@example.org – Tel. +33 607 34 00 34
At ST, we are 48,000 creators and makers of semiconductor technologies mastering the semiconductor supply chain with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities. An integrated device manufacturer, we work with more than 200,000 customers and thousands of partners to design and build products, solutions, and ecosystems that address their challenges and opportunities, and the need to support a more sustainable world. Our technologies enable smarter mobility, more efficient power and energy management, and the wide-scale deployment of the Internet of Things and connectivity. ST is committed to becoming carbon neutral by 2027. Further information can be found at www.st.com.
Thales (Euronext Paris: HO) is a global leader in advanced technologies, investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations – connectivity, big data, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity and quantum computing – to build a confident future crucial for the development of our societies. The Group provides its customers – businesses, organizations and governments – in the defense, aeronautics, space, transport, and digital identity and security domains with solutions, services and products that help them fulfill their critical role, consideration for the individual being the driving force behind all decisions.
Thales has 81,000 employees in 68 countries. In 2021, the Group generated sales of €16.2 billion. www.thalesgroup.com